Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bad Secretary or Bad Waitress???

so...Mr. A is in a board meeting.  well, i decided this was a prime opportunity for me to powder my nose...well, actually my whole face since i made the unforgivable mistake of going outdoors at lunchtime so that i could WALK (another unforgivable mistake) across the street to the bank.  so i am powdering away and out runs Mr. A from the board meeting...and he says "as soon as the coffee machine warms up (apparently someone turned it off - i guess they are tired of being employed)...please make me a cup of coffee and i will be right back out to get it."  well...i immediately finished the task that i was in the middle of prior to being interrupted (powdering) and one thing led to another and before i realized it - i had completed 20 OTHER tasks.  so for a minute, i basked in the wonderful feeling of accomplishment.  this however, was short lived....b/c i look up from my busy desk and there stands Mr. A...with a cup of coffee in his hand (i of course am wondering how in the world that got there - the coffee in his hand!) and he says "Nevermind...I got it."  for a nano-second i was just a smidge embarrassed and i said "oh...i am so sorry.  i completely forgot" (which i did)....fortunately a non-second passes VERY quickly.  so that is what has me wondering...does forgetting to make his coffee make me a bad secretary or a bad waitress??????????
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
eyes on heels © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!